Many of you used the opportunity to get the Grunge Love Scrapbook Set for free by buying my latest Sweet Love – Valentines Photoshop brushes pack :). Therefore, many of you got a hold on scrapbook kit for the first time and I receive many questions on how to use that kit.
That is why I decided to prepare a tutorial for all of you who are scrapbooking beginners, I’m gonna make a scrapbook dedicated to my sister Nina who I love very much.
So, here is the step-by-step tutorial on usage of the scrapbooking kit Grunge Love!
1. Start Photoshop and open one of the background files provided in „Scrapbook Page Kit: Grunge Love”. In this tutorial I used “bgr4.jpg”.
2. Choose the photos you want to use in this scrapbook page. Since I am dedicated this scrapbook to my sister, I used her photo (these funny photos are taken with fish eye lens.)
3. Drag and drop this photo to a layer above the background and open one of the frames (“png” files – transparent). Drag and drop the frame (in this case “frame01.png” from Scrapbook Page Kit: Grunge Love) to the layer above the photo. Align it and scale so that it fits.
4. If you want to work with corners separately, select the one you want to move with “Rectangular Marquee Tool” and move it around, or cut out the photo to fit the frame. (Tip: using simple Rectangular Marquee Tool or Polygonal Lasso Tool surround the frame corner and, while holding Ctrl key, press arrow keys up and down. Now the corner is selected. :))
5. Add another photo and add another frame. Now, you can rotate the photo and the corners (all layers) together (except for the background, you don’t want to rotate background). So, select the layers with photos and corners by holding the “Ctrl” key (Press Ctrl, hold it down and click on layers one by one until all layers are selected). Now press Ctrl+T for Free Transform and rotate the selected layers for, say, 15 degrees. Hit Enter once you’re done.
6. Now you can use one or two (or more) heart symbols. I went for heart with wings. Rotate them for 15 degree too.
7. Open the “loveLetters.png” file (also from Scrapbook Page Kit: Grunge Love) and add letters at the layer above.
8. Add one symbol in the background (just above the background layer), for example you can choose “heartTransparent.png” (from the same Scrapbook Page Kit). Use layer blend modes and select “Multiply”…
9. That’s it!
As you can see it’s quite simple. Everything you need is included in the kit (except for the photo of my sister :))
So, if you still haven’t, you can still get this kit for free when you purchase Sweet Love – Valentines Photoshop brushes pack.
Have fun creating!
This package is quite heavy – 44Mb. This is because all images are in highest resolution 12″x12″ at 300dpi for those of you who want to print it in a professional way. I’m saying this because the download might take long especially for those of you who don’t have high-speed broadband Internet connection.