Don’t just just LOVE January?!?! Don’t you just feel like partying and having a great time in right now?!? No? I didn’t think so. And it is not fair.
January is well known for after holidays depression. But this is one of the misconception or should I say – misperception of January that needs to be busted! Isn’t it?! So, take off your long face and put a smile on it because although the Christmas and New Year Holidays are gone, I bet you have a bunch of great shots of your family, friends, neighbors, pets and kids! And all these photos are demanding to be placed in a nice Holiday concept, context, frame, in one word – Photomask!
So, today, ladies and gentleman, today I bring you
Happy Holidays Photoshop Brushes Set – Free
– free brushes (instant) download and, of course, as always, extra Photoshop brushes pack for Platinum GBG members!
Later on, you will see, I threw in a free background. I called it Starry Background Nick (Oh. why do we always have to give names to everything and anything?!?!? Anyways, this background is called Nick. For no particular reason. Just for the sake of giving names and consistency (in giving names to everything) :)))
Happy Holidays Photoshop Brushes Set preview:
And GBG Platinum members will enjoy 15 different photomasks (in three sizes).
Happy Holidays Photoshop Brushes Set for GBG Platinum members preview:
Meet Nick 🙂
Oh, and I almost forgot.
Someone asked, a few days ago, for short guidelines on how to use photomasks in Photoshop. There is a video tutorial here: http://www.graphics-illustrations.com/grunge-squares-photo-masks-how-to
but, I thought I’d just copy/paste the most important steps:
1. Add photo above the background layer, then add a new layer on the top. Apply the brush. Use 100% brush fill.
2. Add a layer mask, and select the layer option “subtract mask from selection” on layer mask.
3. Select the layer with the brush and choose “intersect transparency mask” on that layer.
4. Deselect, remove, delete or disable layer with the brush. Select the layer with the photo and click on “add layer mask”. That’s all!
Well, that was one hell of a post. Free photomasks, free background and a tutorial. But, what can I say? January deserves only the best. Poor January. Don’t you just feel sorry for it? It’s like being an older sister to a newborn kid.
Everybody just looks at it and pays no attention to you. OK. It is the other way around here, in January, everybody’s just remembering how great the December was and somehow, it ends up completely unnoticed. So, ladies and gentleman, please notice January, have a great time, after all, you can have a Festivus! In December celebrate Christmas and in January, you can celebrate FESTIVUS!