Since I know many of you are, one way or another, involved into weddings whether it be as a friends, family or wedding photographers it is always nice to have some cool photos from the occasion. So, I thought I’d show you how to decorate a wedding photo with Photoshop brushes.
In this particular example we used two different brushes from two different brushes sets:
- Swirls 2, Photoshop brushes set
- Photoshop Brushes – Floral Shapes (37) – Discontinued. Now you can use Floral Vector Set
Here is the final outcome:
And here is how we got there.
1. Load a plain photo in Photoshop
2. Load first brushes set, in this case Swirls 2, Photoshop brushes set
(Click here if you need to find out how to load and use brushes into Photoshop->)
2. Place the first brush on the photo like this:
3. Load second brushes set, in this case Photoshop Brushes – Floral Shapes (37) Discontinued! – Now you can use Floral Vector Set
4. Place that second brush it on the top of the first one so that it creates one new shape
(Find out how to color the brush ->)
5. Now, the time has come to color the right part of the image. First we need to make a selection, to do that – use Polygonal Lasso Tool (L)
6. Close the path: join beginning and the ending points
7. Click on Gradient Tool (G). Now click and on the gradient itself (upper left corner) and adjust the colors until you get something like this (or whatever look you prefer)
8. Drag the gradient with the mouse from upper left corner to the bottom right corner
9. Add some drop shadow on the first brush to enhance the visual effect. Double click on the layer thumbnail to get the “Layer style Pop-Up window”, checkmark the Drop Shadow box.
10. Adjust the drop shadow settings like this
Add text and here is our newly decorated wedding photo!
I hope you liked it! I tried to make it as simple as possible but if there are some steps that are not completely clear please let me know.
Of course, don’t forget to browse through my little shop for some cool brushes and stuff 🙂
Becky in Texas says
How very AWESOME! I bought your big package and became a member but never in my wildest imagination did I think of doing anything like this! Your brushes are the best and now you’ve shown me ways to extend their usage. Thank you so much for sharing your talents!
Thanks Becky 🙂 I’m glad that you liked it
Hi, just wanted to tell you I love your new FRESH design. Great job!
rajesh, please take a look here:
can u tell me how to change colors of brush
when working with multiple colors on single brush like floral and leaves
Maryland Wedding Photographers says
I enjoyed reading your post today..thank you for sharing 🙂
new jersey wedding photographer says
thanks for the tutorial! it will be useful in an album